Monday 5 August 2013

Ipsy Glam Bag July 2013 (review and swatches)

If you're anything like me, you like to do intense research about a product before purchase, that's why I decided to do a review on July's Ipsy Glam Bag. I'm currently subscribed to Ipsy, and Topbox, so far I've been gravitating towards Ipsy! This month's glam bag is a favourite for sure.



I received Benefit's Benetint (2.5 ml), BH Cosmetics California Collection eyeshadow palette, Coola Mineral Sunscreen Tinted Moisturizer (7 ml), Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon in Coral Crush (3 g), and Sexy Hair Water Proof Spray (50 ml).



Sexy Hair Weather Proof is a humidity resistant spray, and it comes in the cutest travel size can (Got to love mini sizes). I haven't had the chance to try this sucker out, but I'm excited to see how well it works against the humidity here in Toronto. I'm not the only one who frizzes horribly in the heat, right? 



I've been eyeing Benefit's Benetint for a long time now, so I was very pleased to receive the rose-tinted lip and cheek stain! If you aren't familiar with this product, it's a liquid formulation that you apply with it's brush onto the cheeks and blend with your finger tips. It gives very natural, flushed finish, (imagine if you have been jogging or out in the cold) - that natural!



The BH Cosmetics sample sized eyeshadow palette consists of Hollywood (purple), San Francisco (shimmery brown), and Malibu (shimmery gold). I found that Malibu had good pigmentation, SF wasn't as good, and Hollywood is really light! I think it's a fun palette, but since I already own many neutrals it didn't do much for me. 


I was pleasantly surprised with the Coola tinted moisturizer. I love that it's organic, and has an SPF of 20. As you could tell in my photo the colour doesn't quite match to mine, but it worked well on my face and left a glowing finish. I found it personally light weight on my skin, and since I have oily/combination skin it required a little powder. I was able to get 3-4 wears out of it (I prefer thin layers in the summer).


I've never heard of Pop Beauty before, I love that Ipsy is introducing me to new brands. I received the shade coral and it glides on super smoothly! It's very pigmented, and looks lovely whether you put on one layer or five. The only issue I have is that it emphasizes lines and cracks, so be sure to exfoliate the lips! It feels moisturizing however. I personally dig jumbo lip pencils.


Wearing:
Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer
Maybeline Falsies
Mac Gel Liner
Benefit Benetint
Pop Beauty Coral Crush

Overall I was satisfied with this month's glam bag since last month's didn't really do it for me. This bag is $10 with $5 shipping and I find that you get your moneys worth for sure. Good job Ipsy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment